"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance.The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break." -Chinese proverb

Friday, March 17, 2017

Beijing- day 1

Well, we made it to Beijing! I'm so exhausted so I'm going to keep this short and no pics. We haven't seen anything pic worthy yet anyways. The flight(s) went well besides the fact that we were on the flight from Detroit to Beijing for 14 hours. I really hate that flight! The kids were really good and we ended up with an empty seat by one of us, which was amazing! I started out by it and Erik ended up by it. It's really weird because we boarded our flight at 1:30 pm on 3/16 and ended up in Beijing at 3:30 pm on 3/17 but we traveled with the sun so we didn't get one minute of night. We didn't get to our hotel until after 7 and  then the director of Charlotte's foster home took us to a really real authentic Chinese place for dinner which was amazing!  Okay, so I have been awake except for periods of dozing for over 48 hours because of not being able to sleep the night before we left so I am DONE! Big day tomorrow so I WILL get on here and get some pics up!

1 comment: