"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance.The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break." -Chinese proverb

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Best play day ever!

Today, Ella had her first field trip at school.  Ethan and I were both bummed that we couldn't go since siblings aren't allowed.  Every time Ella has something fun going on at school, Ethan gets very jealous so we decided to have a fun day at the bounce house.  Imagine my surprise when we get there and the first thing Ethan does is yell, "Come on Li-wanna!"  They both started racing around the place, chasing each other and having a blast!  Everything Ethan did, Liana did and they were both loving it!  He even held her on his lap on the slide one time and they went down together.  Now, I don't think she was thrilled with that but he was!  I have never seen them have so much fun together...ever!!!  It was the kind of day that I have been hoping for...they were actual playmates and friends today!  There were times that Liana didn't want to do whatever Ethan wanted to do and he got so upset about it that he cried!  I had to explain to him that her legs aren't as strong as his are yet, so it's hard for her to keep going.  But, wow, trying to keep up with her brother made that girl do things that I've never seen her do before.  Instead of having to do everything with her, I got to sit back and just watch most of the time!  I am so proud of them both.  The best part happened on the ride home.  Ethan said, "I love you, Li-wanna...wo ai ni!"  That is "I love you" in Mandarin!  My heart couldn't have been happier at that moment!  It has been a long road to get to this point.  We have had some good moments of them playing together but they are very rare and short lived.  But today, they were buddies and I cherish today. 

1 comment:

  1. This is such a fun, happy, THRILLING post! Oh how wonderful that they are becoming such buddies!! Now that Ethan has had so much FUN with Liana, no doubt he will want more days like this, and so will she! What a great little boy he is, and what an astonishing little girl she is! No wonder you're so proud of them!! Yay!!Love you all, and HAPPY!!! :)

    ReplyDelete