"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance.The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break." -Chinese proverb

Friday, January 6, 2012

Home study approved...finally!

I have been waiting to do this post for a long time.  It's been one month and 2 days since we had our last home study interview and I had no idea it would take this long to get it approved.  It took about a week and a half for our social worker to get the home study written up.  Then we were waiting on our last reference before it could be finished.  Our friends actually overnighted their reference so that it could get to our social service agency ASAP but then...nothing.  Finally, I emailed them to make sure they got it and they couldn't find it.  Great.  Apparently, whoever sorted the mail put it in wrong place.  The good news, they found it the day after I emailed them about it.  The bad news, they found it on the first day that the director went on vacation for a week and she's the only one who can approve it.  Okay, we wait.  She comes back and approves it the next day and sends it on to Holt.  Then we wait some more.  After a week, I email them to ask (nicely) how long they think it will take.  They email me right back but don't answer my question.  Finally, after having it for a week and a half (I know, it doesn't sound like much but it seemed like forever) we got the email.  Our homestudy has been approved!!  Now, our social service agency notarizes it and sends us 3 copies, one of which we will send to USCIS with our I-800A application.  And then...we wait some more...a lot more.  But hey, at least we've made it to this point!  It's taken so much work to get here, I feel like this is a major accomplishment.  Now, let's see if I can get some sleep.  Ha!

1 comment: