"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance.The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break." -Chinese proverb

Monday, December 12, 2011

Superhero eyes

Ella is very excited about adopting a little girl from China.  We've talked about it a lot and she has asked some really good questions.  We talked to her about what a home study would be like since she was going to be involved and she did her own "home study" of me one day.  She got a pen and pad of paper and asked me questions like, "Do you promise to always love the baby?" and then she would scribble on the paper after I answered.  She has even gotten money out of her own piggy bank and put it into our adoption piggy bank, which made me so proud that I cried.  I told her that we will tell her little sister someday that she helped us to bring her home by using her own allowance.  We've discussed the fact that our little girl will be her real sister and our real daughter even though she didn't grow in my tummy and looks different than us.  The other day, when we were driving home from preschool, Ella said that our little girl from China would have superhero eyes.  I said, "Superhero eyes?"  She said, "Yes, and she can see reeally far away."  I couldn't bring myself to correct her because I thought that was just one of those adorable 4 year old ideas that come with such a wonderful imagination.  I'm sure her little sister will someday get a kick out of the idea that her big sister thought she had "superhero eyes".  :-)

1 comment: