"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance.The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break." -Chinese proverb

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Ethan is a-coming a China too, Li-li!

I've written on here about Ella in this whole adoption process quite a bit but I haven't written much about Ethan's perspective, perhaps because I have no clue what his perspective on this whole thing is.  However, every once in a while, I get a glimpse into Ethan's understanding on this.  Tonight, after reading him a bedtime story, Ethan got chatty.  Our kids get especially talkative at bedtime because they know it's a great way to keep us in their rooms longer, thus delaying bedtime just a teeny bit more.  Ella has been this way forever but this is a more recent development for Ethan.  Ah, the skills of a manipulative toddler.  He can hold a conversation at bedtime in ways that make you wonder what goes on the rest of the day when everything you say goes in one ear and out the other.  Tonight, he got to chatting and we talked about our day a little and then he said something about Li-li (think Leelee) which is his name for Liana.  He said it the very first time we told him her name, so she has been Li-li ever since.  He mentioned Li-li and then he said, "A-going a-China?"  I never really thought that he understood that we were going to China to get Li-li soon so I was pleasantly surprised to have him start this conversation.  So I told him, "Yes, we're going to China to get Li-li soon."  Then he asked if "Lella a-coming?"  "Yes," I said, "Ella is coming."  Then, "Pillow a-coming?  Ni-night (his blankie) a-coming?"  I assured him that he could bring his favorite little pillow and his ni-night.  Then, he asked me if the letter H from his name on the wall was coming and I had to put my foot down on that one.  We have talked about going to China quite a bit but this was one of the first times that I felt like he might actually "get" it.  Sweet boy, yeah, you're going a-China. 

So, we did find out that our Article 5 was picked up last Wednesday so we're 7 days into our TA wait.  Keep those prayers a-coming, please!

2 comments:

  1. Priceless!!! That bedtime discussion with Ethan was so captivating! It's apparent that he really understands that you're taking a trip (with pillow and blankie)to get Lili. Amazing!! I am so glad he has that much understanding. Guess I shouldn't be so surprised--we've always known how smart he is! So glad things are progressing so well, and hope that means he'll see his new sister in SEPT. Reminds me of that old song (you've probably never heard it) "See you in September." We'll keep praying!! Love you all SO much, Mom.

    ReplyDelete